About Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is a pioneering international university based in the World Heritage city of Suzhou, near Shanghai on China's east coast. It was jointly founded by two prestigious universities, Xi'an Jiaotong University in China and the University of Liverpool in UK.
As the largest international university in China, XJTLU now offers 40 masters and a broad range of PhD areas taught in English by world-class international faculty over 50 countries. Postgraduate students will receive a degree from University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities
XJTLU is committed to academic quality and student experience, with British quality assurance from the University of Liverpool and excellent campus support services to cater for your study, research and personal needs. Tuition fees are very competitive compared with other UK degrees, various scholarships for international students are also available.
The closing date for applications for entry in September is 30th June.
XJTLU offers a range of generous scholarships for up to 50% of total tuition fee, based on academic merit.
| | | | | |
UK degree from the University of Liverpool
Globally recognised masters and PhD degree from the University of Liverpool. All taught 100 percent in English.
Scholarships available range from 10 to 50 percent of tuition for each award, depending upon the specific scholarship programme.
China experts are highly sought-after in the global job market. At XJTLU you will develop an understanding of the world’s second largest economy and largest consumer market.
Chinese and English language
In a globalised world, language skills are invaluable. This is why at XJTLU Chinese language classes are available free of charge to all degree students and proficiency in English is one main educational goal.
China represents a world of ideas and values built on one of the world’s oldest cultures. You’ll gain a new perspective on your own life and those around you.
Fun and Friendship
Studying abroad is fun! You’ll have new experiences – people, food, customs and landscapes. You’ll also make friendships with people from China and across the globe that will last a lifetime.
World-class research-led campus
Learn in an environment of rigorous academic enquiry with state-of-the-art facilities on a lively and beautifully landscaped campus.
Located in Suzhou, China
China’s equivalent of Silicon Valley, a hub of global business and innovation just 25 minutes from Shanghai, sits alongside stunning 2,500 year-old UNESCO World Heritage gardens. It has a population of more than six million and a GDP of a trillion RMB – far larger than those of many entire countries!
Student Services & Facilities
Our International Student Recruitment and Support office (ISRS) is the first service point for all international students at the University that provides a range of services to help make your experience at XJTLU go as smoothly as possible.
- Coordinates your study visa and accommodation.
- Provides pick-up service for all new international students arriving at airports or train stations.
- Hosts orientation activities that helps you settle into the University and Suzhou. You will have the opportunity to meet current students during this time, as well as at various social events and societies and clubs introductions.
The library plays a key role as a research support and learning centre for the University, developing its collection by focusing on subject development and research requirements. The library currently holds over 500,000 books, which are added to and updated throughout the year in response to requests from academic departments. It also provides 22,000 square metres of space, housing 300 PCs and 2,500 seats for studying, discussion and computer and studio work. As an XJTLU student you will have access to a wide range of library resources, from books and journals to electronic databases and articles.
Our computer services use the latest technologies and are updated regularly. We provide students with
- all of the major IT packages and subject-specific software
- access to fully equipped computer labs across campus
- free Wi-Fi access across campus
- file server storage and printing services
- a dedicated IT helpdesk is available to all students seven days a week.
Clubs and organisations
Student clubs and organisations play an important role at XJTLU. We have more than 120 organisations centred on art, sports, entrepreneurship, social service, academia and science to name but a few. Our campus even has its very own student enterprise park where you can try developing a new product of starting your own business.
Life in Suzhou
- There are lots of things to do in Suzhou with some of the city’s main entertainment hubs located around the scenic Jinji Lake, near the University
- Many museums and galleries in Suzhou are well worth a visit. One of the most popular is the Suzhou Museum designed by world famous architect I.M.Pei
- Food lovers won’t be disappointed by Suzhou’s huge variety of restaurants, while the city’s nightlife offers a range of options for those who love to socialise
Looking ahead, construction of the south campus development is already underway, with Phase I opened to the public in July 2016 and Phase II and Phase III set for completion by 2017/2018.
By the end of 2018, the campus will satisfy the learning and teaching needs of approximately 15,000 XJTLU students as well as the university’s academic exchanges and research development plans.
- Contact name
- International Student Recruitment and Support
- +86 512 8816 1889 /1863
- Social media accounts