About Faculty of Arts
The University of Wolverhampton is a dynamic, innovative and business-oriented university in the heart of England. Our students become part of an academic community that promotes learning, innovation and enterprise.
We aim to give our students the knowledge they need for the career they want: we maintain strong links with the business world and offer postgraduate courses which promote the expertise and practical skills that employers value.
The Faculty of Arts
The University’s is an exciting and vibrant place to be, where creativity and personal discovery go hand in hand with scholarship and academic endeavour.
Each of our four Schools has a wide range of courses and you can look forward to studying in inspirational surroundings.
- A creative community of academics/industry professionals, expert technicians and internationally recognised researchers.
- Dedicated studio-spaces to enhance creativity
- Year-round programme of visiting industry experts
- Postgraduate award show as an annual public showcase
- Postgraduate teaching and supervision in subjects ranging from Philosophy and Religious Studies, to English, Creative Writing and Linguistics.
- Study at the university or from a distance to suit your needs
- Home to two successful 2014 REF units.
- Taught by leading academics widely recognised in their field.
- Industry links to broadcast media and media production
- A range of
- theoretical, analytical and practical programmes
- Industry-standard equipment and magnificent rehearsal and performance spaces at our landmark Performance Hub.
- Outstanding courses to enhance, broaden and deepen your practice, with opportunities for inter- and cross-disciplinary work.
at the University of Wolverhampton was commended as being at its highest level in the most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014), in which 14 of our Research Centres had elements declared as ‘world leading’.
In addition to the many taught courses we offer, you can also study for a PhD or MPhil. The Faculty currently hosts a thriving community of postgraduate research students conducting specialist research and collaborating with academic staff who are working at the frontiers of their subjects.
Wolverhampton was the first university to establish a virtual learning environment, which allows for a valuable blend of face-to-face and online teaching.
Our first-class facilities include The Performance Hub at Walsall, a purpose-built performing arts facility. We were only the third university in the UK to obtain prestigious All-Steinway status.
We hold several open evenings especially for postgraduate study each year. You can either pre-register online, using the links below, or just turn up on the day:
- 22 March 2018
- 28 June 2018
For a full list of postgraduate courses, please visit our
How to apply
You can for all of our postgraduate courses. Most courses have start dates in January and October.
The entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes differ between awards, reflecting their specialised nature. You can find the specific entry requirements on the webpage for each course.
As an Illustrator studying for my Master degree, The MA Digital and Visual Communications course and its layout has allowed me to further develop my work and to get it out there and more importantly noticed whilst giving me a greater knowledge and understanding of professional Illustration. As well as offering me excellent opportunities to communicate with those in the world of commercial publishing, This is largely down to the expert experience and brilliance of the staff and how they run the course.Matt Jones
- 01902 322 898
- University of Wolverhampton
- Performance Hub
- Gorway Road
- West Midlands
- WS1 3BD
- Social media accounts