About Sussex Law School
Sussex Law School is one of the most successful and vibrant law schools in the UK.
Our faculty are world renowned and award-winning experts in their field, with a wealth of experience as law practitioners and a profound academic knowledge of the subject.
Our intellectually rigorous LLM courses explore law in its political, social, economic and cultural context – engaging with the important issues for society today. In addition, the Sussex GDL offers the rare opportunity for our students on the law conversion course to undertake a dissertation project. This allows you to work with our leading lawyers to research and write in-depth about a subject of your choice.
The time I spent at Sussex was the best. The excellent faculty and staff members, my fellow students, the environment, the location…it has helped me become what I am nowJoshua Aston LLM International Criminal Law
Sussex Law School provides a truly international, stimulating and engaging learning environment for you to build a rich base of knowledge.
We’re recognised as a world-leading research centre and our research underpins our teaching. Our courses are designed with skills training at their core, enabling you to think logically about legal problems and prepare you for your future career.
We offer a range of postgraduate courses:
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (taught in Qatar)
- Criminal Law and Criminal Justice LLM
- Environmental Law LLM
- Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL)/Common Professional Examination (CPE) PGDip
- Information Technology and Intellectual Property Law LLM
- LLM International Commercial Law
- LLM International Trade Law
- International Financial Law LLM
- International Human Rights Law LLM
- International Law LLM
- Law LLM
Future career prospects
Our career-focused courses mean that 94% of our postgraduate law graduates are in work or further study six months after they graduate (EPI, DLHE 2017).
Our graduates enjoy exciting roles such as:
- Lawyer, City Immigration Legal Services England
- Associate lawyer, White and Case LLP
- Parliamentary Assistant, European Union.
- Editorial Associate, European Alliance for Innovation
I have loved my time at Sussex. There are so many opportunities to develop good skills which will make you stand out from the crowd and help you in the futureRyan Dowding LLM International Human Rights Law
Fees, funding and costs
- We’re proud to offer a fantastic range of scholarships to help fund your postgraduate study
- Our breakdown of living costs will give you an idea of much you might need to budget while studying
Our campus combines both tranquillity and energy. Located at Falmer on the outskirts of Brighton, we are the only UK University surrounded by a national park. We’re just nine minutes from Brighton, one of the top-10 city beach destinations in the world (Lonely Planet).
Brighton is a vibrant city with artists, activism, politics and music, and has been voted the happiest city in England for students (Student Living Survey, Sodexo).
Our campus is well served by train, bus and road. We’re also only an hour away from Central London by train and 30 minutes from London Gatwick, one of the UK's major international airports.
If you’re looking to pursue a law degree anywhere in the world, Sussex should be one of your top choicesSharee Bhaduri Law Graduate
We offer a large selection of flats and houses to suit different tastes and budgets, including accommodation particularly suited to families and people with disabilities.
How to apply
The quickest way to apply for one of our postgraduate courses is to apply through our postgraduate application system.
You can learn more about how to apply for a masters course at Sussex by visiting our website.
- Contact name
- Francis Roake, Course Co-Ordinator
- +44 (0)1273 678655
- Sussex Law School
- School of Law, Politics and Sociology
- Freeman Building
- University of Sussex
- BN1 9QE
- Social media accounts