About University of Glasgow
Founded in 1451, the University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world. We are one of the top 100 of the world's universities and have been named Scottish University of the Year by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018. The University of Glasgow is recognised internationally for its ground-breaking work and has inspired thinkers from eminent scientist Lord Kelvin to the father of economics Adam Smith.
- 65th in the QS World University Rankings 2018 which means we are a world top 100 university.
- 80th Times Higher World University Rankings 2017/18
- 95.9% of students in employment or further study six months after graduation (Higher Education Statistics Agency 2016/17)
- Glasgow is the world's friendliest city (Rough Guides 2016)
Glasgow at a glance
- Member of the prestigious Russell Group of 26 leading UK research intensive universities in the UK
- Founder member of Universitas 21, an international grouping of universities dedicated to setting worldwide standards for higher education
- Annual research earnings of more than £181 million
- 2,500 research staff
- More than 7,000 postgraduate students
The city of Glasgow
- is the UK’s third largest city and one of the world’s top student cities
- has a lively nightlife with more than 700 bars, pubs and nightclubs and seven cinemas
- is the UK’s first UNESCO City of Music, host to around 130 music events every week.
- is consistently voted as the top place to shop in the UK, outside London’s West End
- is home to over 90 parks and public gardens.
- has more than 20 museums and art galleries including the Riverside Museum has excellent transport links with two international airports
In order to support you prior to and during your time at Glasgow, the University of Glasgow offers a wide range of services to help you make the most of your degree.
The University of Glasgow library has one of the biggest collections in Europe and offers access to more than 2.5 million books and 30,000 e-journals. It has study spaces for 2,564 students and is open for 361 days a year. Students have access to more than 800 student PCs at the library, the largest cluster of student PCs on campus, and Wi-Fi access throughout the building.
We offer a range of comfortable and affordable options for postgraduates, from halls of residence to student apartments. Most new students and all new international students are guaranteed (subject to our admissions policy)
We understand that is an important area for students. The university is committed to supporting students and rewarding academic excellence. To find out what help is available, go to: and fees and
- +44 (0) 141 330 2000
- Marketing, Recruitment and International Office
- G12 8QQ