About Barcelona Graduate School of Economics
Why study at the Barcelona GSE?
The Barcelona GSE is a leading institution for graduate education and research in Economics, Finance, and Data Science.
We bring talented, motivated students from more than 90 countries to Barcelona and connect them with top-ranking researchers, experienced teaching faculty, international alumni and a strong recruiter network.
The objective of our rigorous nine-month Master’s programmes is to prepare graduates for professional and academic careers that require intense analytical thinking and a flexible mindset.
- Scientific Council of more than 30 leading academics including 12 Nobel Laureates in Economics provides strategic guidance for programme development
- “Approved with Excellence” (highest rating) by the Spanish Ministry of Education for “high research quality, international focus, and emphasis on placement”
International research reputation
- Ranked in the Top 10 institutions in Europe for Economics research and the Top 20 economics departments worldwide by RePEc
- 18 European Research Council (ERC) Grants awarded to current faculty members
- Published regularly in top journals
Career preparation and placement
- 91% of the Class of 2016 placed within six months
- 74% enter professional careers, 26% enter PhD programmes
- Dedicated Barcelona GSE Career Services team brings recruiters to campus and provides job search support
I would strongly encourage all students who want to pursue a PhD in the US to consider taking the Barcelona GSE master in Economics. Not only does it provide solid and rigorous training in graduate-level economics, it also offers the possibility to be in with internationally leading professors and to share ideas with a very competitive and passionate pool of students.Daniel-Oliver Garcia-Macia '11 PhD Student, Stanford University
Programme offer for 2018-19
Master’s Degree in Economics and Finance
- Economics Programme
- Finance Programme
Master’s Degree in Specialised Economic Analysis
- Competition and Market Regulation Programme
- Economics of Public Policy Programme
- International Trade, Finance, and Development Programme
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets Programme
Master’s Degree in Data Science
- Data Science Programme
Life in Barcelona
The Barcelona GSE offers a unique opportunity to study at an institution with a world-class faculty and colleagues while enjoying the cultural, social and recreational amenities of one of the world's most exciting cities.
With seven universities and numerous research institutions, Barcelona offers one of Europe's most inspiring environments for students and academics to live and study. This intellectually appealing atmosphere coupled with the Barcelona GSE’s location on the campuses of two internationally ranked universities puts our students in the heart of a dynamic academic environment.
If I'm to be completely honest with you, I think the Economics Program at the Barcelona GSE is the best in Europe. I'm passionate about Economics, and I wanted to be challenged and pushed to something where I can learn more for myself and get a lot out of the course at the same time. The friends I've made already are friends for life. One of the things that's struck me the most is that they're so intelligent, so academically-founded and at the same time so international. To put it simply, I've loved it so far. I expect to be pushed a lot academically - that's why I'm here first and foremost, but at the same time I'm excited to explore local culture and the city with the sea and the mountains - and really just to have an enjoyable year while working hard.Joshua Casson, Class of 2017
How to apply
The application process for the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics master programmes is conducted entirely online. Contact an for more information and guidance.
At the Barcelona GSE, we learned how to apply theory to real-world problems, which was great practice for what I am doing now.Zita Vasas '10 Economist, Compass Lexecon
- +34 93 542 1234
- Ramon Trias Fargas, 25-27
- Social media accounts