Kick start your career. Join Boult Wade Tennant’s voluntary vacation scheme.
Our Voluntary Vacation Scheme* offers a select few the opportunity to see what it’s really like to be a patent or trade mark attorney at one of the most successful IP firms in the UK. We’re not saying that this week long scheme will be a breeze. It will be hands on and you’ll be working across teams and offices, and with real cases. You’ll be asked to contribute from the moment you walk through the door and the week will be jam-packed with case lessons, workshops, shadowing and mentoring.
This summer, we’re offering the right candidates a place on our award winning firm’s voluntary vacation scheme will give you the opportunity to find out about an exciting career as a patent or trade mark attorney.
If this isn’t enough for you to be interested, then also bear in mind that previous scheme attendees have become successful candidates for our trainee scheme too.
Throughout your time here, you will be:
- Gaining insight into the working life of a patent or trade mark attorney
- Working with clients from some of the largest FTSE 100/multinational companies, household names and creators of pioneering technology
- Working across teams and offices with real cases from day one
- Being part of an engaging process with lessons, workshops, shadowing and mentoring
If you think you have the drive, talent and ambition to become a patent or trade mark attorney, then we would love to hear from you.
Our vacation scheme is not an internship but rather a work experience opportunity. The aim of the vacation scheme is to give candidates an insight into what it is really like to be a patent or trade mark attorney.
Duration: one week work experience (8 – 12 July).
What we are looking for
- Someone in the penultimate year of their undergraduate degree, or postgraduate students
- Relevant academic experience for the patent attorney role, or a keen interest in brand and business for the trade mark role
- To have obtained, or to have predicted, at least a 2:1 in a relevant academic subject at undergraduate level. Those with a patent interest must be studying for, or already have, an undergraduate degree in a relevant technical field (science and/or engineering).
- 340 UCAS points (AAB) at A level.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. Please send us your CV and a covering letter, within your covering letter you must answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to join Boult Wade Tennant’s vacation scheme?
- What do you hope to gain from participating on the scheme?
- Why do you think you would make a good patent or trade mark attorney?
How you answer these questions is up to you, but you must include full and succinct answers in the covering letter.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you them.
Closing date: 29/03/2019
Additional job details
|Location||Cambridge · London · Oxford · Reading|