Would you like to travel and experience China while developing your professional skills for when you return home?
- We are actively recruiting 120 new and recent graduates from the UK and Ireland to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL)
- All successful applicants will have the support of Teachers For Asia and our TFA quality guaranteed client school, to obtain your Chinese work visa (Z Visa) before you depart
- Full support of Teachers For Asia staff in Asia throughout your year in China
- Graduates of all disciplines are welcome. You do not require prior teaching experience, the skills you have gained studying for your degree are ideal
- You will teach English to young Chinese students of primary school age - of course you can, you use it each day at home
- The focus will be on teaching English in a fun and enjoyable way for the kids
- All teaching material will be provided for you so you do not need to worry about creating learning resources from scratch
- Expect to make lots of new friends in the Shanghai area. There will be more international teachers at your as well as at the local expat social scene and sports clubs that are found in many of China's modern cities
At Teachers For Asia, our team have worked hard to build up a wide selection of quality trusted client schools all across Asia. We visit every client school and talk with current teachers before awarding a school with the Teachers For Asia Quality Guarantee. This ensures our teachers are placed at great schools and have a really positive and enjoyable experience. You will have full support from our Asia/Ireland based team throughout the duration of your contract.
Even if you have no prior teaching background, we will make sure you are fully prepared to teach English abroad and have a lot of fun while doing so. Each month, our newly certified teachers are commencing high quality TEFL teaching positions in many locations around Asia.
- Free accommodation for up to four weeks when you arrive in Shanghai
- Flight allowance 5,000 CNY
- Sponsored (Z) work visa
- Orientation programme to help you settle in on arrival
- Quality ongoing teacher training
- Collection at the airport in Shanghai (you will start with approx 10 other new teachers)
- Contract Completion Bonus of 5,000 CNY
- Paid national holidays
- Professional development bonus (Up to 6,000 CNY per year)
- Regular teacher nights out and social events
- Western school management team
- Low teaching hours at approx 25 hours per week
- Teachers have the opportunity for promotion
- Covered Z working visa costs (up to 2,000 CNY)
- Medical insurance
Continuous recruitment also possible.
What we are looking for
Candidates with an enthusiasm for travel and an interest to help Chinese students with their English. Whether you are new to teaching or have experience and like the idea of a school with state of the art facilities and a positive working environment, we want to hear from you.
Applicants must hold a BA in any discipline. Previous teaching experience is not necessary. A 120-hour TEFL certificate is required. Our experienced recruitment team are happy to offer advice on acceptable courses.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please send your CV to via the Apply button. Our team will you shortly afterwards to arrange a Skype call with David or Michael, our recruitment managers.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 25/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you them.
Closing date: 30/07/2018
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||70|
Salary is per month