We are seeking a high calibre, data savvy individual to join our fast growing Quant team. We have an exciting entry level position available which would be great for graduates as a first job to gain research, insight or marketing experience.
You will play a hands-on role in quantitative research projects which range in topic from new product development to evaluating advertising campaigns to shaping strategies on introducing new brands to the world. There will be lots of opportunities to work across all categories such as sport, technology, telecommunication, media, fashion, health and beauty.
He or she will be responsible for much of the day-to-day co-ordination and administration of basic project related tasks. You will be given lots of responsibility; training and support, to help you get stuck in with project work from the start! The day-to-day workload includes: proof reading questionnaires, assisting with generating project quotes, checking survey programming is accurate, using statistical programs for data generation and analysis, liaising with suppliers, writing reports to answer and provide solutions to client’s business and marketing objectives. The job could involve travel dependent on projects.
Training is a central part of this role, and this will involve both informal, on-the-job type training activities as well as more formal training experiences (both developed by Relish and also within the industry e.g. AQR).
The position of Graduate Research Executive is expected to last approximately 12-18 months, and the decision to be promoted to a Research Executive will be made either at that time or earlier should the candidate show ability.
- Understanding all elements of the research project life cycle for each project, and ensuring the projects are being managed effectively
- Assisting with basic data analysis and report writing
- Managing recruitment, fieldwork and liaising with various departments and suppliers
- Developing creative thinking and writing skill
- Proof reading questionnaires and checking survey links
- Perform basic administrative duties as and when required
- To carry out any other tasks associated with the role as reasonably requested by the line manager or senior member of the team
- Act as a host for our evening workshops (additional pay for evening work)
Team socials, company events (i.e. all expense paid trips overseas. In previous years we have gone to Barcelona, Palma and Nice), free breakfast and fresh fruit, private health insurance, life assurance, financial bonus depending on individual and company performance, generous annual leave allowance, work-life balance leave, travel season ticket loan.
What we are looking for
- Shows an ability to work well, handle responsibility and focus on the task at hand when under pressure
- Is able to prioritise and organise workload to meet deadlines
- Able to think laterally and with creative problems-solving abilities
- Reliable and hard working
- Is enthusiastic, sociable and has a good sense of humour
- Must be comfortable working with numbers and statistics
- Familiarity with statistical programs such as R or SPSS
- Knowledge and application of statistical testing (e.g. T-tests, Z-tests)
- Application of more advanced statistical or data science techniques is highly desirable but not essential
- Have experience working in a customer or client facing role ideally in an office environment
- Be passionate about working with and understanding people
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Has excellent attention to detail and accuracy in their work
Be educated to degree standard with a minimum of a 2:1 with ideally a business/marketing, mathematics, or market research related degree (e.g. sociology, psychology, economics etc.)
Accepted degree subjects
- marketing and advertising studies
- chemical engineering
- business and management studies
- accounting and finance
- sports science
- social sciences
- transport engineering
- aerospace engineering
- biology and life sciences
- planning and surveying
- mechanical engineering
- computer sciences and IT
- electronic and electrical engineering
- civil engineering and construction
- environmental science and ecology
How to apply
The application process:
- Write a short statement about why you feel this role is ideally suited to you and why you would like to become part of the Relish team. No applications will be considered without this personalised statement.
- Submit your CV and statement, via the Apply button, with Graduate Research Executive Position as the subject title
- Successful candidates will be invited for a telephone or Skype interview
- The final round will be a face to face interview, where you will be required to do an activity, and and meet other members of the team
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be ed.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 13/07/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you them.
Closing date: 13/07/2018
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||One|