Are you an aspiring future business and finance leader who is looking to start an accounting career with a dynamic and growing professional services firm? If that is you then you need to apply for Menzies LLP's ATT Tax Trainee Programme which is now open for applications for our Sept 2019 intake for our offices in Woking and Leatherhead.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy and advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
The ATT Tax Programme
Our ATT Trainees form part of either the Private Client Tax OR Corporate/Business Tax teams and will work in small client assignment teams of three or four people with direct access to business owners and directors. You will be given the opportunity to gain a strong advisory insight into how organizations work and the challenges they face, developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the two-year ATT Trainee Programme you'll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your ATT qualification, you will have the option to go on and study the prestigious CTA qualification. We want our Tax trainees to be our next generation of leaders operating in the Tax Advisory space.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your professional qualification, we want all our trainees to be our next generation of senior leaders! Everyone is different and we don't pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business. So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that's Advisory, Forensics, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations or Management Accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training and development is provided throughout your Menzies career in the MENZIES ACADEMY as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- A highly competitive base salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 23.5 days a year ( bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR programme and social events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Programme - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential
What we are looking for
- Must fit with the Menzies 'BRIGHT' values
- Passionate about working with people
- Commercially and strategically minded
- Strong at networking and relationship building
- Existing/recent entry level work experience in the accounting profession is acceptable
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract
- Minimum of a 2:1 undergraduate degree in either a business, finance, scientific, law, engineering or mathematics discipline.
- Minimum three A-level passes at grade A-C
- Eight GCSE's including maths and English, or equivalent.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- mechanical engineering
- accounting and finance
- electronic and electrical engineering
- law and legal studies
How to apply
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new ATT Tax Trainee then apply online via the Apply button ASAP.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short term time period. However every application is review by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out but also on the quality of your CV and covering letter.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 26/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you them.
Closing date: 04/04/2019
Additional job details
|Location||Leatherhead · Woking|