What’s the opportunity?
Weapon System Architecture & Equipment (WSAE) is a growing, multi-national group that provides a variety of different engineering and specialist skills across a number of projects within MBDA. As the complexity of the battlefield increases, so too do our customers’ capability needs. Consequently, the WSAE group has evolved to providethe necessary expertise across a large range of weapon system aspects, much wider than just the missile itself.
What will you be doing?
These are examples of the capabilities WSAE develop and provide our customers:
- Communication systems with in-flight missiles and between platforms and operators
- Ability to plan, model and adapt missile routes, both pre-flight and during flight, to optimise the effectiveness of the weapon
- Innovative physical and functional/logic-based architectures, which enable modularity and reuse between systems and projects
- Sophisticated engagement chains and data management software, to support the delivery of missile systems
- Optimised integration of human operations and interaction in to product design
- Ability to rehearse, test and train in the use of our systems
We provide systems engineering to each of the stages of the product development life-cycle ranging from understanding the required system behaviours from a variety of viewpoints, system design and specification, through to integration, test, and analysis of achieved system performance.
What’s great about joining this team?
- A Weapon System is much more than just a missile – WSAE provides world class products and solutions to deliver complex systems and all-round capabilities to our Customers. With such a diverse range of skills, expertise and domains, WSAE offers those on the ECP scheme the ability to get a great overview of what makes a Weapon System.
- The opportunity to work across a variety of projects and engineering disciplines throughout WSAE as part of a large, international Group
- A breadth of experience and support available in the department which include a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other ECP members in WSAE.
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment and systems laboratories, aimed at aiding your learning and development.
What would you get?
£18,000 salary, flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, a share of the annual Company Bonus and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
We are interested in what skills, qualities and potential you have:
- Could you abstract away from the finer details and see the bigger picture?
- Could you gain a breadth of understanding of complex systems and apply your knowledge to various subjects/other engineering domains?
- Could you adapt to switch between customer-focused and technical-focused activities?
- Do you have other interests/experience that you could apply?
- What sets you apart from your peers?
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
WSAE are looking to employ and develop a diverse group of young ‘Weapon System’ engineers in order to enable the group to support its customer needs both now and in the future. Due to the varied nature of engineering we cover, WSAE would welcome a well performing applicant from any applicable field (e.g. working towards a 2.2 in subjects such as engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science…).
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details