What’s the opportunity?
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic graduate to develop a challenging and rewarding career within project management, in a dynamic multinational missile company. Project Management at MBDA will enable you to explore the global culture of product development, manufacture, in-service support and future projects. You will deliver exciting new sophisticated technology and engineering projects, gaining on the job training from experienced professional project managers.
What you will be doing?
The role is for a Project Planner/ Project Controller graduate;this will require a well-developed level of judgement, defining complex customer facing programmes and project control structures, developing credible estimates and defining project organisation and work breakdown structures. Your ability to communicate at all levels will be significant to this role, from engaging and negotiating with engineering, business and customer facing organisations to communication of performance to project stakeholders.
We will expect to see good evidence of genuine leadership potential, a communicator and motivator to bring about team building, setting the project management office vision and challenging the project teams to achieve schedule and cost objectives.
This role will involve working within our multinational teams and will involve developing relationships with travel to our French and Italian partners; therefore an aptitude in one of these languages will be a distinct advantage.
Successful candidates will expect to gain a broad understanding of the business through hands-on experience in a variety of challenging project management roles including, Commercial, Project Management and Programme Control
After two years we expect you to perform in the business as a Project Planner or Project Controller or assistant Project Manager.
In return we offer a two-year structured Graduate programme and a fully supported route leading to the Project Management Institutes PM Professional (PMP) Qualification.
What are the benefits for you?
- Development of fundamental Project Management skills
- Training on a variety of Project Management subject areas and universally-used tools
- The chance to qualify for professional accreditation provided by PMI (Project Management Institute).
- Responsibility to make real decisions
- Control over career path
- You will be joining a friendly team of qualified and experienced professionals.
- Support and guidance through approachable managers and Buddy and Mentor schemes.
- You will have access to the full breadth of training courses and facilities that MBDA offers. For the SD&V function some relevant courses you may take part in include DOORS Training, MBSE Training and Writing Requirements.
- You will also benefit from training and support provided by experienced engineers within the department and project teams.
- MBDA support continual professional development such as engineering Chartership through multiple accrediting organisations.
What you would get
Starting salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first two years,joining bonus of £2,000 if you have a Bachelors or £2,500 if you have a Masters. Flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, annual company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
- Willingness to build technical knowledge
- Good communication, motivational and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independent and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and work well under pressure.
- Language skills could be an advantage
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
A minimum of 2:2 Honours degree in an engineering or business-based degree.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details