We have an exciting opportunity for recent graduates to join our Commercial Graduate Programme based at our site at Hazelwood near Derby. The programme lasts for two years, during which time you’ll work within different areas of our business, developing your commercial skills on real life projects, alongside our experienced business managers.
You will spend 12 months working in our Product Management Group in a product specialist position and 12 months in a B2B account specialist role within our Sales Team. After two years, at the successful conclusion, you’ll be deployed into a commercial role, based on your demonstrated skills and preferences balanced with the needs of the commercial organisation.
The rotational programme will consist of formal training, informal skill development, network building, field-shadowing and internal client ; conducted at Lubrizol’s Hazelwood, UK facility. On completion you’ll have gained valuable, real world experience in both sales and business positions which will provide a strong platform for progression within the commercial organisation at Lubrizol.
Realistic career aspirations could include strategic and/or global levels of business management or account management responsibility, sales leadership or business leadership positions as a result of continued high performance and network development.
Making business impact when your feet hit the ground.
Rotation: Account Specialist
Our Account Specialist position is designed to develop an entry-level individual who possesses the skills and abilities that are required to productively manage and grow existing and future customer accounts. You’ll work with the Hazelwood based Lubrizol sales team to accelerate learning and development.
- Manage and grow current and new accounts in line with the overall business strategy and sales management plans
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Develop key account strategies and manage key customer programs
- Educate clients on industry-related updates and trends
- Build in-depth relationships with customer organizations to keep abreast of competitive activity and share market information
- Comply timely and accurately with administrative requirements, such as reports, sales forecasting and expense reports
Rotation: Product Specialist
Our Product Specialist position is designed to develop an entry-level individual who possesses the skills and abilities that are required to productively manage a product line and grow the business. In this role you’ll work collaboratively with Product Managers and Business Managers in managing multiple key product lines ensuring profitability and target market share. You’ll develop knowledge of customers, market forces and competitors.
- Assist in development and maintenance of product promotion tools in collaboration with marketing
- Compile competitive information and communicate appropriate Lubrizol response
- Analyze and interpret pricing or sales data for specific products and identify key trends
- Work with operations supply chain teams to ensure product availability and quality
- May lead the planning of specific projects, as required
- Prepare and provide presentations and/or training for customers and other third parties
What we offer
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Competitive salary and benefits, including pension, private medical scheme, voluntary benefits schemes, share purchase scheme, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive training, development and support programmes
- Opportunity through Lubrizol’s Creating Shared Value programme to lead or take part in STEM activities with local schools, charitable and environmental initiative
What we are looking for
- Proven interest in business and economics, good commercial acumen
- Eager to learn and grow
- Excellent communication skills (includes active listening)
- Ability to build productive relationships
- Good presentation skills
- Time Management: schedule organisation, ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Technical knowledge and aptitude would be advantageous
- Ability to understand and follow procedures and quality systems
- Attention to detail and analysis skills
- Ability and desire to travel (up to 25% domestic and European travel required)
- Knowledge of lubricant or additive industry
- Experience in a business/sales environment with an emphasis on relationship-building
- Knowledge of value-added selling techniques or outside sales experience (B2B or individual consumers)
- Knowledge of marketing concepts (price, promotion, position, distribution channels and market research)
- Understanding of pricing methodologies
- Knowledge of supply and logistics processes
Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field, minimum 2:1
Accepted degree subjects
- transport engineering
- business and management studies
- mechanical engineering
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/08/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||Two|