Are you looking to begin your career as a Civil Engineer whilst gaining practical on-the-job experience? Over the course of your two-year Graduate Programme you will receive the technical training and personal development needed to excel in your role. We offer unique career progression prospects and the training and development we offer are unparalleled. Joining us as a graduate or undergraduate is a proper job with real responsibilities.
Your role as a Civil Engineer will include the following:
- Planning, design and support construction and maintenance of infrastructure
- Aiming to improve and protect the environment in which we live
- Responsibilities will include site investigations, liaising with clients and subcontractors as well as internal Kier teams
- Manage budgets and resources
- Ensuring projects run to health and safety, sustainability and legal requirements
We have offices and projects throughout the UK so you will need to be flexible and mobile as travel will be required in the role as well as potential rotations. Travel will open you up to varied experiences and is a great way for you to gain broad knowledge and practical skills during the two-year graduate programme. Our mentors and buddies will offer you support through the programme and share their knowledge with you.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Let’s shape your world together.
What you’ll receive and achieve:
- National graduate induction
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- Tailored business orientation
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Support in achieving chartership with the relevant professional body for your discipline
- Highly competitive salary
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ eight bank holidays
- Company car dependent on role requirement.
- Kier awards –be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’
- Kier rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
What we are looking for
We look for those who embody our company ethos.
You’ll have completed your degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2:1 or above on a civil engineering related programme.
Accepted degree subjects
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
We are excited to receive your application so please review our roles and apply online as soon as possible. Our recruiters take the time and effort to read through each application thoroughly and appreciate your interest in our opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details