Are you looking to begin your career as a Building Services Engineer whilst gaining practical on-the-job experience? Over the course of your two-year Graduate Programme you will receive the technical training and personal development needed to excel in your role. We offer unique career progression prospects and the training and development we offer are unparalleled. Joining us as a graduate or undergraduate is a proper job with real responsibilities.
About Regional Building
Regional Building operates from 28 offices spanning from Inverness in Scotland to Truro in Cornwall, delivering projects from £100k refurbishment work to £200m Major Capital Projects. Our regional network is unrivalled in the industry and is uniquely placed to harness the opportunities of local markets and customers. Our ability to deliver locally, supported by local businesses and suppliers, ensures a large proportion of our customers’ spend remains within our local economies where it is often reinvested.
Your role as a Graduate Building Services Engineer will include the following:
- Supporting the building services team, you’ll be hands-on by visiting site and working with the Building Services Engineers / Manager and working with the project teams
- You’ll work across the whole of the building services team and pre-construction department, providing:
- Design management support for the MEP aspects of the project
- Programming support of the MEP aspects of the Project
- Support the estimating team regarding the MEP aspects of the tenderers
- Support the project teams in managing the pre-commencement / design development aspects of the projects
- Support the project teams during the installation process to make sure that the installation meets the requirements of the specifications including quality and that the commissioning / hand over projects is set up and managed correctly
We have offices and projects throughout London and the UK so you will need to be flexible and mobile as travel will be required in the role as well as potential rotations. Travel will open you up to varied experiences and is a great way for you to gain broad knowledge and practical skills during the two-year graduate programme. Our mentors and buddies will offer you support through the programme and share their knowledge with you.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Let’s shape your world together.
What you’ll receive and achieve
- National Graduate Induction
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- Tailored business orientation
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Support in achieving Chartership with the relevant professional body for your discipline
- Highly competitive salary
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ Plus eight bank holidays
- Company car dependent on role requirement.
- Kier Awards –be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’
- Kier Rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
What we are looking for
We look for those who embody our company ethos.
Academically you’ll have completed your degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2:1 or above on a mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or building services related programme and must be accredited by a professional body.
Accepted degree subjects
- mechanical engineering
- electronic and electrical engineering
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
We are excited to receive your application so please review our roles and apply online as soon as possible. Our recruiters take the time and effort to read through each application thoroughly and appreciate your interest in our opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Location||London · Loughton|