About First Group Plc
As a leading transport operator in the UK and North America, we offer talented students exciting opportunities to lay the foundations for their futures via many different career routes, from Operations to Engineering and Finance to Commercial undergraduate and graduate programmes.
At FirstGroup, we provide solutions for an increasingly congested world... keeping people moving and communities prospering. Last year, around two billion customers relied on our team of 100,000 people to deliver safe and comfortable rail, bus and train services.
Start your journey within either our group, bus or train teams in the UK and you’ll grow your career, get to grips with new challenges and develop the strengths you need to be a future leader.
We operate five divisions which draw on common skills and expertise, but which are varied by geography, customer base and a mix of contract backed and passenger revenue. Our broad footprint in the UK and North America gives us profound experience of two of the most developed markets in the world for transport services, and this breadth of expertise across different regulatory and contractual structures. This means we can be confident that, whatever the specific transport challenge is, somewhere across our business we have already identified and implemented a solution which will work.
- First Bus is one of the largest bus operators in the UK, transporting 1.6m passengers a day, with a fifth of the market outside London. We deliver tailored networks and fares to reflect the needs of local communities.
- First Rail is one of the UK’s most experienced rail operators, carrying more than 260m passengers across three franchises and our open access operation.
- First Student is the largest provider of student transportation in North America. Industry-leading safety programmes, strong customer relationships and service record are key differentiators.
- First Transit is one of the largest private sector providers of public transit management and contracting in North America. Within it, our First Vehicle Services arm is one of the largest private sector providers of vehicle maintenance and related support services in North America.
- Greyhound is the only national operator of scheduled intercity coaches in the US and Canada, with a unique nationwide network and iconic brand.
Our visions and values
Our vision is to provide solutions for an increasingly congested world, keeping people moving and communities prospering. To do this we live by our five core values:
- Dedicated to safety - Always front of mind, safety is our way of life.
- Committed to our customers - We keep our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Supportive of each other - We trust each other to deliver and work to help one another succeed.
- Accountable for performance - Every decision matters, we do the right thing to achieve our goals.
- Setting the highest standards - We want to be the best, continually seeking a better way to do things.
You’ll soon discover that there’s so much more to life at FirstGroup than simply doing a job. We’re all part of one big family that works hard and supports each other to help millions of people travel to thousands of different destinations. So, you’ll need plenty of drive, determination and dedication. Providing innovative solutions that keep people moving 24/7 is a major challenge. But it’s a challenge we love and look forward to every single day.
As we take the safety and satisfaction of our customers very seriously - we want the best people to join our family. So, not only will we look after you with great rewards and hundreds of different career routes, we’ll provide the training you need to be the best you can be. At FirstGroup, your ideas will be listened to. And you’ll be expected to always give 100% and get stuck into all kinds of different challenges. It’s not for everyone. But we wouldn’t have it any other way.
From drivers, route planners and customer service teams to engineers and cleaners everyone at FirstGroup has a lead role to play in our success. We’ve some exciting plans for the future.
So, join us on our journey. It starts with you.
transport and logistics
How to apply
Application deadlines will be detailed in the vacancy listings on our website.
- 395 King Street
- AB24 5RP