Don’t want to go to university? You don’t have to anymore; the choice should be yours, and your future equally brilliant.
Our Apprentices are here to kick-start their careers, as well as gain on-the-job experience. You’ll work right alongside your more experienced colleagues and be treated with the same respect from day one. But you’ll also get extra time and support to help you gain your professional qualifications.
Your experience here will leave you with skills you’ll rely on throughout your entire career, wherever you decide to take them. As part of the BrightStart Higher Apprentice community we offer the chance to start a career with a firm of problem solvers - the best minds in the industry – with guidance from inspirational and supportive senior managers and every opportunity to grow and progress. From the start you will have a permanent job – our people are often described as the firm’s greatest asset.
Today’s world is more complex, disruptive, technology-based and interconnected than ever before. Which means companies are more exposed to failure and exploitation, to theft, fraud and abuse. It’s our job to help clients limit this exposure. We help them make intelligent decisions about their infrastructure, technology, processes and people, working on challenging projects to help mitigate the risks they are exposed to. Keeping our clients safe, secure and one step ahead.
Our Cyber specialists are true innovators. Whether through our deep technical knowledge and expertise or through non-technical business solutions, we work together to keep our clients safe and secure. Ultimately, we strive to strengthen the security and resilience of our clients’ most valued assets. There are two streams in Cyber that you could join:
- Cyber Strategy (business stream): Not every job within Deloitte Cyber requires a technical background. As cyber-attacks occur with greater frequency and severity, board members and executives are beginning to realise that technology solutions are just one part of a comprehensive approach to managing their cyber risk. Within this stream, you’ll be helping clients to identify and protect their critical information and assets, ensuring that they can not only survive, but also thrive, in a competitive market place.
- Cyber Technical (technical stream): With technology changing by the second, and security breaches ever-more common, cyber security is critical to business. We provide clients with deep technical knowledge and expertise, from applying advanced defensive technologies to spotting critical vulnerabilities by trying to compromise their network. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on Cyber Strategy projects, developing your skills throughout your career.
Your professional experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Develop deep technical expertise across a number of areas, helping clients stay at the forefront of technology and respond to ever evolving threats.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
Cyber Strategy and Transformation (business stream)
- Cyber strategy - help organisations define their approach to tackling the cyber challenge, defining their target state, and informing board level decisions on investment and strategy.
- Security transformation- assist organisations to markedly change their approach to information security, implementing changes to people, processes and technology to enhance cyber security capabilities.
- Insider threat- analyse the risks organisations face from their own employees and design and implement initiatives to mitigate this risk, both from the malicious or accidental insider.
- Privacy - translate complex legal requirements into practical solutions to allow clients to meet their legal requirements whilst enabling the business through the responsible use of data.
- Data loss prevention – develop strategies and implements tooling to help clients identify and protect their most confidential data.
Cyber Technical (technical stream)
- Penetration testing - take on the role of an attacker; trying to exploit system vulnerabilities, scanning for service and application flaws, improper configurations, and risky user behaviour, to help clients identify gaps in their network defences.*
- Cyber incident response - provide clients with technical analysis, containment and post-incident recovery when an incident occurs. *
- Advanced threat intelligence - monitor and assess the threats that may impact on a client, enabling them to swiftly and effectively respond, mitigate risk, and strengthen their cyber resilience. *
- Security architecture - help clients implement security defence in depth across their architecture, delivering unified security designs that address potential risks and align with their cyber strategy. *
- Identity and access management - help clients implement and configure solutions to control and manage how employees, customers and third parties access their information and systems. *
* These roles are technical in nature and would require a technical background, for example, an IT or computer science A-Level, or a demonstrable technical skillset like coding or ethical hacking.
Additional job details