As a career choice, teaching can suit a lot of different people. For some it’s about improving pupils’ life chances, for others it’s the desire to share a passion for a subject. Whether you have yet to graduate, have recently graduated or are considering a change of career we recommend you think about teaching and apply for a scholarship from BCS.
Our scholarship scheme not only offers a financial benefit of £28,000 (tax free) but also a package of support and opportunities to help you become the best teacher you possibly can.
If this is you, then we can support you through your training and beyond. You’ll get a £28,000 tax free scholarship to fund your Initial Teacher Training year, and we’ll be there to help support and guide you along the way.
You’ll have the chance to attend free CPD webinars, workshops, networking with other scholars, have access to great resources to help you in the classroom, and, of course, BCS Associate membership.
What we are looking for
- An EU national and you have been a resident in the EU for the past three years
- A good understanding of computer science
- 2:2 or above in a computer science degree or related subject
- Have obtained or go on to obtain a place on an ITT course leading to computing/computer science initial QTS at secondary level in England
Accepted degree subjects
- chemical engineering
- teacher training and education
- transport engineering
- aerospace engineering
- biology and life sciences
- planning and surveying
- mechanical engineering
- music and performing arts
- electronic and electrical engineering
- engineering management
- civil engineering and construction
- environmental science and ecology
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||110|
|Location||East Midlands · East of England · London · North East England · North West England · Scotland · South East England · South West England · West Midlands · Yorkshire and the Humber|
£28,000 tax free