From artificial intelligent to data visualization, our advanced delivery team is redefining the role of technology in the future of law. By using the latest tools and software, they’re bringing our elite, legal expertise to the world, in new and surprising ways.
- Work with lawyers to design and develop end to end legal solutions using technology to reduce and remove legal risk for our clients.
- Act as a liaison between the operational and data teams at our clients and the data specialists within A&O.
- Assist clients in identifying and solving business challenges using technology.
- Get first-hand knowledge of how our clients such as financial institutions benefit from the technology products and the drivers behind what creates the need for new tech products.
- Test new technologies to identify potential use cases for client solutions.
- Gain insight into the ways in which financial institutions and corporates operate and the role that the firm plays in advising our clients on legal and other areas of concern for our clients.
- Work directly with lawyers from each of our core practice groups and across our network of offices, understanding their role on matters and how they work
- Have a supporting role on the largest, most complex matters in the firm
- Discover and rethink the way our legal teams work on projects
- Design new legal project management tools to support specific matters
- Utilise industry leading technology on matters to drive efficiency
Legal Tech team
In recent years, technology has played a far more disruptive role in our firm and changed the way we deliver legal services. The speed of evolution in this area has increased dramatically in the last 12 months. In diverse fields as such as e-discovery, AI, data extraction, data visualisation and rules-based analysis, technology is creating new ways for our clients to solve problems. In working in this team you will:
- Drive business change programmes that inculcate new technologies
- Work with clients and lawyers to combine knowledge and solve problems
- Work in diverse fields such as data-extraction, AI and rules-based analysis
- Scan the market for new opportunities and build a reputation as innovators
- Coordinate and present technology demonstrations
During your time here, you’ll undergo a two-year development programme designed to equip you with the technical knowledge, industry awareness and variety of project experience needed to qualify as either a Legal Project Manager or a Legal Tech Manager. The scheme is structured around our core practice areas (namely International Capital Markets, Banking, Corporate and Litigation).A&O will also support you in gaining a recognised qualification in project management (PRINCE2 – funded by A&O) and understanding its application through the provision of legal services.
What we are looking for
- Unrestricted right to work in the UK
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn and understand complex legal processes
- An interest in project management
- Aptitude for financial management
- A keen interest in the latest innovations in FinTech and technology
- Adaptability and resolve in high pressure, fast-paced environments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with both initiative and independence
- Desire to understand how to build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to learn new systems and tools quickly and proficiently
- A-levels – minimum AAB.
- Degree subject – various but ideally STEM or economics
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you them.
Closing date: 29/03/2019
Additional job details